Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Line 8 Subway Incident

To get back home from a concert for local musicians (pretty good stuff, lots of Chinese hipsters whatever that means wearing fedoras), I had to ride the eight line.

Now, usually, the 8 line is very crowded and you'll be lucky to find a place to sit, especially if you are riding north at stops south of People's Square. So I went on the subway not expecting a place to sit.

I step on the subway. Four of the people seem very eager to get off as I get on and they are preceded by some sort of commotion. Fight? Maybe. Most people are standing so it seems there won't be any seats left but I scan the subway anyways. I spy three empty seats side-by-side. SUCKERS! I think...the line 8 riders sure are off their game today! So I take two strides to get to the seats to step in a pile of vomit.


WOO! THREE SEATS FOR SITTI...oh.

vom-on-foot

Anyways, it was around for another two stops much to a chagrin of countless passengers who thought they had lucked out. One really well-dressed lady stepped in it in her heels (score one for the working class!). The most heart-wrenching thing was when an older woman with her grandson ran towards the seats. And slipped. And fell. Why is there evil in this world?

It was cleaned up right at that stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment