Friday, February 6, 2009

Events

Two events I went to:

1. Whiffenpoofs Concert, 20th anniversary edition: it was interesting watching old people sing, especially when the singing entails yodeling, but most of it was boring (sorry a cappella). Until Bobby, Izzy, and some JE crew handed me 40's. All smiles after that, yessir.

2. Winton Marsalis at Unity Church on the Green: he went through the history of jazz in an amazingly entertaining way that even a narcoleptic like me stayed awake the entire time. Actually, now that I'm remembering the event, that's not true because I now recall drooling on the pews. In my defense, though, I was very tired. What I mean to say is that I would have stayed awake if this was an average day (maybe).

Anyways, he was fucking awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment